Canadian Tax ID

1. In the US, we collect "Tax ID/EIN's" on the application. Is that what they're called in Canada too?

In Canada we collect the Business Number / SIN or, if they're not able to provide that, a photo ID.

2. If there's a club at a University that wants to setup Stripe, and the club doesn't have its own Tax ID/EIN, is it okay to provide the University's Tax ID number? Or, should the club ask their bank for their Tax ID/EIN?

If they're setting up the Stripe account as a business or non-profit and they don't have a Business ID number they can actually apply online:

If they're setting up the account as an individual we can accept their photo ID.

Feedback and Knowledge Base